Tuesday, November 11, 2008

BEST OATMEAL COOKIES EVER


Okay, so to be honest I didn't document this Oatmeal cookie adventure for one reason. I was afraid they'd turn out crappy like past attempts and I'd be embarrassed.
Of course, the time that I don't document they are perfect.

Thanks to the Cooking Sisters and Friends I have had a horrible recurring love affair with Crisco. I thought that after my teenage years of putting it in icing and all cookies I made, I'd never go there again, but i just can't stop. What can I do.. it makes the best cookies!

So here's the recipe.. and Aaron can attest these are the BEST Oatmeal COOKIES EVER! they are perfect, soft but chewy, cinnamony, oatmealy.. YUMMMMM.

  • 3/4 cup Crisco Butter Shortening
  • 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1 cup All Purpose Flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 3 cups oats (not instant)
  • 1 cup raisins (optional) (not optional in my opinion).

  1. COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, egg, milk and vanilla in large bowl; beat at medium speed until well blended.

  2. COMBINE flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in small bowl; mix into shortening mixture at low speed until blended. Stir in oats with spoon; stir in raisins and nuts, if desired.

  3. DROP rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto baking sheets.

  4. BAKE 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet; transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.

3 comments:

Aaron said...

Yum yum, A+++++++, Great baker, Highly recommend, will do business again!

Anonymous said...

will do business again??? hmmmmmmm

I am going to try this recipe tonight!

Cass in NYC said...

hehehe, you're gonna love it!