Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Delicious Lazy Man's Cream Cheese Apple Danish






I adapted a version of this http://annies-eats.net/2010/11/16/spiced-apple-cream-cheese-danish-braid/ danish from that lovely website and made it 'easier'.


It is delicious I must say.


What you'll need (I made 2 because I wanted to have some to share):


1 box (2 sheets)Puff Pastry from the freezer section (unless you want to make your own)


4 Apples thinly sliced. I don't peel them becasue I think it's wrong.

4 TB brown sugar

4 TB butter


2 tsp Cinnamon


shake shake shake (three shakes) of nutmeg





8 oz cream cheese

2 tsp lemon juice


3 TB of sugar




cinnamon sugar (for sprinkling)



********************************************
Preheat oven to 400 degrees

First- lay out the pastry dough because it has to thaw.


Second- add apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, butter and nutmeg to a sauce pan and cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes. Then let it cool for about 10 minutes.


Then, Mix the cream cheese, lemon juice & sugar and spread down the middle of the pastry (it will be divided in 3rds. I sprinkled some cinnamon sugar over it.


Layer the apple mixture over the cream cheese and cut strips into the pastry and fold over (in a braiding fashion if you so please.


Brush with butter.



Put in the oven- for 13 minutes, then rotate the pan for another 13 minutes.

Mix 2 cups of powdered sugar with 2-3 TB of milk (Add milk slowly until the consistency is right) Then drizzle glaze over the top.

The finished product - YUMMY



YUMMMY.
YUM.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks great Cass...who knew you could do all this...I BTW am the cheesecake queen!!! But I think anyone who knows my boy knows I definitely spent time cooking...and he does a good job too..love ya..Shash