Sunday, September 20, 2009

strawberry cream filled birthday cake.


This is my first time making gumpaste flowers for a cake. quite fun really. Next I'm moving on to Orchids.

Here are pureed strawberries, for the strawberry cream filling

Icing colors: I would have liked the red to be a bit deeper, and the aqua a bit more aqua, less teal.. But life goes on.

I can't say I'm proud about the shape of this bottom layer. Something's gotta give with my cake pans. Or, my cake leveling abilities.
Here I added some of the gumpaste daisies.

Basically, you roll out the gumpaste, and use the little cut outs to make the shape and then shape it with thin foam pieces and wooden shaping tools. I could do this all day. It's a blast.
I really like the color scheme, the ease of the gumpaste daisies. Lopsided-ness aside, It was a nice cake.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

very creative! I really like the colors together, and the flowers are super cute. :)