Wednesday, March 26, 2008

cinnamon rolls

Well, I"m rather upset with my first stab at homemade cinnamon rolls. It's harder than you might think. I also think I got kind of a bad recipe.. it just started off weird, and then it never felt like everything got fully mixed in.
Additionally, the recipe didn't really leave enough time for 'rising' of the yeast. anyway, wah wah.. I think i'll try a new recipe.

But I'll put up the pics and a review of the taste later on.

****edit***
Now I will loathfully add the pictures and explain where I think this recipe went wrong.

First the recipe said to heat the milk and oil and then add the yeast. This went against everything I know about baking, but I did it anyway, just so I could follow the directions.

Then the recipe said to add 8 cups, yes.. 8 cups of flour... this seemed wrong, i thought I should add it gradually, but it said to add it all at once and mix around. WEIRD.

Then I was to mix that together add 1 more cup of flour with other dry ingredients like.. baking soda, powder and salt.

then let rise, then roll out on counter.
At this point I knew it was all wrong, because the rolling out was just TOO difficult. But i pushed through.


I baked them, made the icing and then poured it over. Needless to say, these weren't very delicious, actually they weren't good at all, truthfully.

No comments: