Sunday, March 22, 2009

Lemon Scones!!!



So I got another recipe from Eat Better America which you all know from last time is a website, for which a couple of nutritionists change ingredients in recipes to make them healthified.
I LOVE SCONES.
I have quite a bit of guilt associated with eating them however. So when I found this, I thought why not give it a try?!

Step 1:
Preheat oven to 400º. Combine dry ingredients, Then drizzle with 1 TB of oil and mix in so it's evenly distributed.

Step 2: add in lemon yogurt * I USED 6 oz*, egg whites (all except 1 TB), and Lemon peel. (use a grater, not a knife like me!).

Step 3: mix that in, until almagamated.. (I had to use my hands a little)

Step 4: move dough to lightly floured surface and knead a time or two, then shape into an 8 in round.

Step 5: cut into 8 even pieces, brush with remaining 1 TB of egg white and sprinkle with 1 TB of sugar.




Step 6: Oven at 400º for 15 minutes or until golden brown.


Suggestions for the future: underbake 1-2 minutes
add a lemon flavored icing drizzle
use a grater for lemon peel.

=) woo hoo.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

YUM! This look really good. I will have to try it soon!

Sarah J said...

uh... those look SO good... i am so jealous... please come to my house and bake for me :)

Eddy said...

Hey Cass!! Looks like you have some bakin' ability!!
Hey, I'll contact you through more formal channels soon, but I'm starting to put together the plans for a picnic in central park!! Either April 5th, or April 12th (weather dictates). Would you be up for going ... inviting a ton of friends ... maybe even premiering some of your amazing bread makin abilities??
-Eddy