Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The LONG AWAITED Raspberry Bars!!!!!

So, as you know I found the recipe here:
http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/recipes/whole-grains/healthified-raspberry-bars.aspx

I did edit it a little. Because of my deep belief that many baking recipes could use a little lemon juice & cinnamon, I added a little of that.
I used low-sugar jam.
I used an additional 2 TB of melted butter because I was concerned about the dryness of the 'crumb' mixture.
I used almonds instead of walnuts.
I used a round pan instead of a square pan. Why? because I don't have a square pan.

I'll tell you where I added these things, with pics.

I must say these were very easy... One of the easiest... and possibly THE healthiest thing I have ever baked. hm..... yes.. I think so.

1. Put all the ingredients--- not including rasp jam & nuts in a bowl.

Mix-- on low until crumby.
Then press all except for 1/2 cup of crumbery into pan-- (This is where I added 2 TB of butter... because I thought it would help amalgamate the crumbery.. it did.. I also thought it might help me spread the jam without mixing it into the crumbery.... indeed it did). I think it only added like.... 4 calories each serving.


After pressing & drizzling butter if you so please....
add the jam and... spread it until it's about 1/2 an inch from the edge of the crumbery.


pretty you see? (actually this would probably be really good with any jam flavor you wish)
Then, add the remainder of the crumb topping.. the nuts of your choice.... and... If you, like me... think everything needs some lemon juice & cinnamon... drizzle that on top.

I'll post a beauty shot of the finished product later on tonight!

That's all for now.
OH YEAH...
have you seen my new kitchen???

...
....
....
......
......
.........

................
....................
TA DA! it's not 6X8 but i can't change my blog name !

Okay----
edit
So the beauty shot isn't that .. beautiful, but these things are excellently yummy.

No comments: