Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I made impromptu biscotti! Oh no...... OH YES!!!!!!

So I got a wild hair and decided to make biscotti. Since I was busy I decided to go a less traditional route and it was fantastically easy and yum yum.
Here's what you need:


1/4 caramel or chocolate sauce
1/2 cup butter melted
1 cup flour
1 chocolate cake mix
1 TB Vanilla extract
1-2TB milk (to make proper consistency
2 eggs
IGNORE THE HAZELNUTS unless you want to put them in.. (I didn't, since it was my first shot at Biscot!!)

THEN: add dry ingredients... then wet ones. ya know.. the usual.
CARAMEL!! yum

MIX IT
Flatten it! (specifically into a 12x1x3 inch log)

bake it! 350ยบ 30-35 minutesTHEN turn the oven down to 300, take it out and slice it (with a serrated knife) into 3/4 inch portions.. you can go smaller if you choose... like 1/2 inch
see!
oooooh yummm
then flip em on their side, bake 10 more minutes, flip em on the other sides and bake em 10 more!
let them cool a little
Drizzle with melted chocolate (I used Hershey's special dark)
Dip them in coffee, tea or milk. Delectable!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog!

Thanks for the yummy treats and great ideas!

Anne said...

Wow! And love the pics. So are you the photographer or is Aaron?

Brianne said...

Oh god that looks amazing!

Cass in NYC said...

Well I take the ones that I'm not in... and then Aaron takes the others. Except for once I self timed it. haha!

Brianne said...

Like the new color scheme!

Anonymous said...

You are so freaking awesome. I love how you write...it sounds exactly like you talk!!! :)