Saturday, October 25, 2008

Very good Cut Out Sugar cookie recipe

I got this from the butter crisco package.... =)

It worked really well for me when I made these pumpkin cut outs on Thurs!
PREHEAT oven to 375º

Here's the recipe:
1 stick crisco butter flavored (1 cup)
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 TB milk
1 TB vanilla
3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking POWDER
1/2 tsp salt

beat crisco and sugar in bowl
beat in egg, milk and vanilla extract until well blended.
IN separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt, then add flour mixture to cream mixture until well blended ( at a low speed is best as to not cover yourself in flour mixture) ;)

Can refrigerate for easier handling or take it like a champ as I did.. heh.

I just put the ball of dough between two layers of LIGHTLY floured wax paper and rolled it out to about 1/8 in thick.
then I cut it out, pulled the excess away and lifted each little pumpkin from the lightly floured wax paper, put it on the baking sheet, again covered with wax paper.. and baked for 7-ish minutes. The recipe card says 375º for 5-9 min, until edges brown.

Then I pull them off the sheet onto a cooling rack. I don't have a finished product without icing over it.. but here's what they looked like when I was done cooling icing and sprinkling:


Here's some other goodies I made:
AND here's the whole sweets spread. By the way we did have other things so as not to cause diabetic shock: pretzels, apples, cheese dip, peanut mix.

=)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

need your recipe for your cookie icing. and also love your cupcakes because they looked SO GOOD!